Monday, March 19, 2012

Bedroom makeover - almost complete

(Almost?) finished!  I finally got the lyrics art piece completed.  There are some bubbles in the paper but for how much frustration I've gone through with these things I think I will live with them. And as for the headboard, I decided to use screws (crossing fingers it will hold up!)

[Picture coming soon - updated bedroom]

I have had these model ships since my childhood and was fascinated by them from reading Brian Jacques' Redwall series and wanted to collect them.  I have two. I think they would be a nice addition to the blue themed bedroom.  I have a couple small shelves I am thinking of painting white to put the ships on.  First I need to figure out where to place them in the room.

There are too many neutral colors in this room, I need a pop of color somewhere.  I found this idea, I think from Better Homes and Gardens, of covering the box spring in a fitted sheet to add color to a bedroom.  I think I will start with that.  But what color?  My other favorite color is purple, but yellow would look neat with the color scheme. Oh what to do!  I will try out both colors somehow and see what I like best.

*Life update: Still doing this temporary assignment.  I have come to the realization that they will just keep giving me random office duties and never end my assignment.  This was not supposed to last longer than a month and now it has been two months.  Time to move on.  I sent an e-mail to the agency saying they need to start sending me on interviews, hopefully they can find me a temp-to-hire position in accounting, I have been wanting to try that out as a career.  As for my own job search, I have an interview today with a lawnmower retailer for administrative assisting.  Not sure how well it will use my Bachelor degree education though...

No comments:

Post a Comment