Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kitchen makeover - plans and procrastination


Wallpaper! From the wrong decade! Has to go (reminds me of a dentist office).  Especially for selling the home, I think it will be a good selling point to have clean walls.  And what color to paint them?  Green of course!  My childhood bedroom (once I kicked my sisters out of it and it was truly mine) was a light, natural shade of green, a color that absolutely calms and soothes me.  I want to wash the kitchen in it.  After I accomplish this great task, I will then consider painting the cabinets white and putting in knob fixtures to break up the white.  I am also thinking of a cream color instead of white...thoughts?  I am leaving the floor as is, I do not want to spend the money on it.  I think the color of the floor and countertops should be taken into consideration when choosing a paint color for the cabinets.

The table and chairs I currently have are hand-me-down from my grandmother.  It is a nice size, shape, and I like the cushioned rolly chairs.  It is also old with dog chew marks on the legs.  I am thinking of covering the fabric in a new fabric with a modern pattern, not sure how well that can be accomplished though, will have to do some exploration in the future.

For my new found love of roman shades I was thinking about it for the kitchen, but I do not want to overdo it with fabric, I think instead I will replace the blinds with wooden or bamboo ones, I have always liked those.  I think I will paint first and make all other design decisions around that.

I am anxious about removing the wallpaper.  It is old and peeling and needs to go, but I have never done it before and I do not want to screw it up.  What I need to do is decide on a day to set aside to tackle it and just do it.  Maybe this weekend?  We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment