Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bathroom makeover - decisions!


Wallpaper, we meet again!  The bathroom and the kitchen are the two rooms in the house with the old, femine, peeling wallpaper and it all needs to go!  The plan with this room is the blue theme, again for my husband like the bedroom, per our agreement.  He wants an underwater theme.  The first step is to take the wallpaper off and paint the room a light blue, keeping the white door trim.  That is my only definite plan so far, everything else is still in decision mode. 

My husband and I are going on vacation to his favorite destination, Virginia Beach, at the end of May (we are SO excited, it will be our first real vacation together!).  We plan to collect some things to bring back for the bathroom, so that will be fun.  Oh how the creative wheels will turn!

The bathroom has a problem: the drywall on the ceiling over the shower is peeling, and I am praying there is no mold growing.  I want to put pretty blue glass tile over it to help protect from mold, but I have no experience with that kind of handyman work, will have to borrow an elder family member for help and advice.  Right now I like this tile from Home Depot, "Merola Tile Spectrum" mosaic glass tile
(pulls in the green theme of the house well):


I would also like to replace the mirror/medicine cabinet and lighting fixtures, they are very outdated and have some rust showing.  Not sure if I want to get another mirror with a medicine cabinet or find/make something to go next to the mirror, maybe in the corner.

I think with all these decisions I still have to make I will work on the kitchen next, then the bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. The blue theme is going to have a cooling effect, that’s for sure! If you're going to replace the mirror, then I would suggest you install a tilted mirror so that it can be used by people with different heights. It's an important factor to pair up the colors of your fixtures to have a fresh-looking bathroom.


    Randell Jeffries

    ReplyDelete